Now I suck at a lot of things, but it seems I especially suck at keeping a regularly updated blog. The sad thing is that, as a result of an overindulgence in paint fumes and booze, I actually forgot the domain name of this blog for a day. However, I aim to keep this journal. I’m endeavoring to keep this fucker updated.
What’s happened so far
Since I last updated this blog, I’ve
- Won first place in my division at the Bridgeland Triathlon (Yay!), but I forgot to spend my 30 dollar gift certificate (Boo!)
- Suffered two set backs on my training. First, I seem to have torn some scar tissue on my left foot during a run. This was in the week after Bridgeland and I’m just now getting back into running. Second, I had pretty crappy upper respiratory infection a couple of weeks ago. So my training has basically been shit for the month of August.
- I have backed out of the Galveston 5150, because of my foot and lack of training.
- I have entered the Oktoberfest Triathlon and the Monster Mash 10k. So that’s my October.
- I entered the Shiner Beer Run Half-Marathon. This is the only thing I’m doing in November.
- I finished my Science-Fiction stairs!
- I finished re-doing my home office!
- I found out that my contract will not be renewed after April 2014, so I am looking for a new gig.
- Oh holy shit, my most favorite chair ever broke! (More on this in another post).
What I did today
- Cycled for 52 minutes
- Jogged for 20 minutes
- Realized that only fat women are fat. Unfortunately, I am not a man.
- Realized that I while I generally suck at painting, I especially suck at painting outside facing doors in 90% humidity when it’s about to rain.